Acumon Director, Scott Atkins attended Xerocon 2015 at Melbourne showgrounds last week along with over 1500 other excited Accountants and Bookkeepers. We are excited to bring you the highlights of what we learnt at Xerocon 2015.
Xero has some exciting updates that have been recently released or that are to be released shortly (we hope you are as excited as we are):
- XeroMe App for employees to access their payslips, apply for leave and request changes to their personal details – will also include timesheet entry in the future
- Partnership with National Australia Bank has already provided the immediate loading of bank accounts for bank feeds to start the next day
- Global search through Xero
- An Assurance Dashboard
- New and improved contacts screens
- An App for the Apple Watch
- Electronic Signing of tax returns and BAS Statements
- Huge number of Add-ons available whether you want to improve you job costing, collect money faster and more efficiently from customers, or get short term funding
The word of the conference was “Disruptor”, used extensively by David Koch, the Minister for Small Business (The Hon Bruce Bilson MP), Chris Ridd (MD of Xero Australia) and other small business leaders. The main principle is that small business needs to continue looking for ways to disrupt the way that big business is doing things. Small business cannot continue to do as it has always done. Examples of organisations that have been disruptors include Jon Simon/Aussie Home Loans, Xero and many others – they have disrupted how the game was being played and changed it going forward.
We are certainly excited about these Xero updates and we look forward to seeing the impact they have on small businesses.
At Acumon, we know that small businesses are unique and we can help you to make the change to Xero so your business can thrive, just like the case study below.