Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Is a Self-Managed Super Fund right for you?
Self-managed super funds (“SMSF”) account for over 30% of all superannuation assets in Australia and continue to be the fastest growing sector within the industry.
This growth has been driven by individuals wanting control over their retirement savings. SMSFs provide members with control over the range of investments, the fees being charged, the amount of tax being paid or simply being able to include other family members in the one fund.
The Key Benefits of a Self-Managed Super Fund
- A SMSF is your personal retirement planning platform. It stays with you wherever you go and you will never find yourself in a position where you have to realise investments and pay tax just because you want to change superannuation providers.
- A SMSF provides you with absolute investment flexibility (subject to the constraints imposed by superannuation law). You can invest in whatever you and your advisor believe will ultimately provide you with the best retirement income result.
- A SMSF provides you with the opportunity to take advantage of changes in tax and superannuation legislation with immediate effect. You and your advisor won’t have to worry about when (or if) your superannuation provider will allow you access to new strategies that become available.
- A SMSF provides you with access to valuable tax concessions such as account segregation and imputation credit sharing. This enables you to optimise your superannuation tax position in ways that are generally unavailable through large superannuation funds.
- SMSFs are true “family funds”. This allows death benefits to be passed on to future generations in a flexible and tax effective manner.
- SMSFs are cost effective. For larger superannuation account balances an SMSF is generally a cheaper option than a larger commercial superannuation fund because the administration fees are usually fixed and do not increase as the amount within your superannuation account grows.
If you would like to take control of your retirement savings with a Self-Managed Super Fund, contact us today on 4931 1100.