Password security has never been more important than it is in today’s world. Think about how you check you finances, pay bills, transfer money and make purchases. It is mostly done through online websites and applications.
Whilst the security of finance and banking applications are generally pretty high, you may be compromising this with weak passwords. Although these are easy to remember, they also make you an easy target for hackers.
Make sure your finances are secure with strong passwords using the tips below:
- Change your password regularly – every 6 to 12 months is ideal
- Use a mix of uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers and symbols
- Try to reach ‘strong’ on the password strength indicator
- Don’t store your passwords in your phone notes
- Only access your banking and finance applications when using secure Wifi networks
- Don’t use the same password for everything – if someone gets your password for one application, they will be able to access everything else
- Consider using a Password Manager to create passwords, keep them secure and remind you when you forget
- We hope this has been helpful and your finances are now secure. If you need help with your accounting applications or any other accounting needs, contact us today on 4931 1100.
We are now sending more correspondence to our clients via email so please update us if you change your email address.